Presented by

Translate

Monday, May 9, 2011

Warning, do not attempt this at home...

My friend John Krier tipped me off to the dedication (is that the right word?) exhibited by Russian log truck drivers, and the brute power of their vehicles. Can't say I'd like to ride along with them...

Watch for the guy in the third video to climb out of the cab and tweak the engine in mid-river with his front wheels in the air...no sweat!

Flash Update: From Bruce Shields in Wolcott, Vermont: "The logger in the 3d video is not "tweaking the engine."  He is hoping to transfer enough weight onto the bumper to pull the front end back down.  We have these things in Vermont also."

Warning: You may want to turn down your speakers a little, unless your boss is really into Russian ballads...







To timberdude in Alaska, who mentioned that his customers are always complaining about the price of lumber: you may want to show them these videos!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they had good E&S plans to cover this job!

Mike Messina said...

How do you say "Best Management Practices" in Russian?

Anonymous said...

I don't think the the guy who climbs out of the cab does it to adjust the engine. I think he does it to move his weight as far forward as possible. then he ducks down so he doesn't obscure the driver's vision.

TimberDude said...

Actually, I showed this to my log truck driver and decided he didn't need a raise after all ;)