Presented by

Translate

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Jacqueline's Jewelry Chest: The Base


I completed the base this week. I used 1” thick maple and cut it into 3” wide strips for the frame. I mitered the edges and used a biscuit jointer to attach the entire frame. I then attached two more 3” strips to the inside of the frame in order to support the frame of the drawers that will sit on top. To attach these strips to the frame I used pocket screws.


I then attached the mahogany legs to the bottom of the frame using pocket screws again. Finally I added a ½” thick by 2” wide maple skirt around the outside of the legs to give the base a clean finish.

And last but not least…. SPOIL ALERT…. I couldn’t help myself but to mock assemble all of the pieces so far. Here is a sneak peak of what the final product should look like!



No comments: