Presented by

Translate

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ski Table Legs

For this week I focused in on the detail, or at least the beginnings, of the coffee table legs. After using the CNC Router last week, I used a hand router to curve the edges and give a smoother look to the legs. Following this, I inserted a different bit into the router to cut the mortise for the mortise and tenon support joint. Since the mortise is located in the center of the leg, I had to use the hand router over other machinery in wood shop. Next week I will begin work on the tenon to be inserted between the two legs. The part of the tenon that extends past the legs will need to be smaller than the center to provide support and so the joint works properly.

I forgot to mention in the last post that a groove has been cut in the top of the legs to allow for the laser cut tile inlay that will be added in the later stages.

No comments: