Presented by

Translate

Friday, December 9, 2011

Final Jewelry Chest



Mission accomplished! I have proudly completed my first piece of furniture. There were a few minor changes in my envisioned construction techniques but overall the final design came out exactly the same as I had planned. The final cost of the project came in a little over $430 dollars. I spent about 4 hours a week working on it, making a total of about 60 hours. The final piece has 7 drawers for boxes and individual pieces of jewelry. There are two long doors that each have two rows of five hooks for longer hanging necklaces. The final composition of wood includes: mahogany legs; maple base; oak plywood drawers faced with lacewood; maple frame doors with maple plywood door panels; oak plywood drawer frame; and a maple top. The piece is complete with copper hardware on the doors and drawers that perfectly compliments the lacewood and maple.


2 comments:

mbarron said...

THANKS so much for the video and the comments.... I love the fact that you are a architurial student but used this experience to gain a knowledge of the process of Woodworking. I teach high school woodworking and your comments are something I have been trying to get my students to understand for a long time.... you know sometimes the teachers just don't know what they are talking about... but a fellow student does..... Thanks so much I plan on showing my classes your project, video and comments you have made. Very nice work Thanks for sharing... Mark Barron Somerset High School - Wisconsin

Keith Atherholt said...

Hi Jackie,
Great job. The jewelry chest turned out awesome. We featured yours and Matt's projects in our company newsletter that hits about 1000 customers this week.

I expect even more projects as you are now an accomplished woodworker! Thank you for using Lewis Lumber Products in your project.

Congratulations, Merry Christmas,
Keith Atherholt