Presented by

Translate

Friday, December 30, 2011

Last Blog Posting of 2011

Well, I hope you all had a pretty good year, and that Go Wood made it a little better in some small way. Thanks for coming back each time...we had over 80,000 views of the blog this year, which I think just goes to show how much people really love wood and reading about the ways that we can use it wiser, more often, and more efficiently.

Thanks also to those who voted in the poll that was posted all year in the right panel on Favorite Topics. By coincidence, 110 people stated their preference, and this post is the 110th post since I started the blog about a year ago. When I started, I thought it was going to be devoted to wood energy issues, but the poll showed me that you all have a fairly broad and evenly distributed range of interests...

Bioenergy - 28
Wood Design - 34
Wood Species - 27
Wood Artifacts and History - 29
Wood Industries - 33
Housing and the Economy - 20
All of the above - 20

and six folks admitted to being spies for the plastic industry.

Well, since your votes didn't give me a single focus for the blog, I have another idea...I'll try to match the number of future posts to the breakdown of the survey. I aim to please...and to keep everyone interested.

The "Popular Posts" box was also interesting to me...Blogger keeps track automatically which posts get the most views. The post on logging the old redwood forest shot right up to the top in a hurry, which convinced me that the hunch I had that people still are interested in history is correct. I'll try to dig up more wood-related history this year. Also, the Gibson-related post coming in as the second most popular shows me that folks are always interested in current events, and I'll try to keep the future posts as timely as possible.

Oh, and if you care to share the blog with your friends, please remind them of the Follow by Email box in the right-hand column. They'll get blog updates by email without my adding them to my distribution list, which I am narrowing down with each post. I know some company servers are blocking my emails, so if you fit that category and would still like to be notified, the Follow by Email widget will probably get you back online with us.

Also, thanks to all who commented publicly on the blog and sent me personal emails on the topics posted. It really helps to hear other perspectives, and I've gotten some great ideas for follow-ups. Still have lots more topics to post on...it seems ideas come in faster than I can keep up with. When the ideas quit coming, or if the world ends in 2012, I'll quit writing. Until then, I hope you'll continue to Go Wood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a woodtastic, informative year - it was wooderful.