Presented by

Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Great Designs in Wood (55): A Visit with Furniture Maker Mike Korsak

I was able to break free last week and visit Mike Korsak, a furniture maker with ties to Penn State. Mike sort of "evolved" into this entrepreneurial venture into furniture-making, and it's was nice to see someone with a desire and talent be able to get out and do his own thing for a living.

Mike specializes in what I would call "art" furniture...many of his projects wind up displayed in art galleries before moving on to their owners. Here's a link to his website, and below are a few examples of his work.

"Echo and Narcissus." These pieces are featured in the video.


An Asian-inspired bench.
And another view.


"Figured Out."




"In Time."



Walnut Tall Cabinet.


I hope you enjoy the visit...please excuse my limited videography skills. Technical difficulties forced me to have a commercial break, but please watch both segments, I think you'll enjoy.


And here's the shorter second segment...


Thanks to Mike for sharing a portion of his day with us.

No comments: